[rec.autos.tech] Mazda 6 2004 right front wheel clatter on breaking

Do you know mazda 6s?

Mazda 6 2004 right front wheel clatter on breaking

On braking there is a bad sounding clattering, the brakes seem to be fine. An axle problem? Something in the steering? I leaned my head out the right side and identified the right fron area as the source of the noise.

A clattering cyclical grind noise. Not a good sound.

Car has 150,000 miles.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet wrote in news:m911tc$po3$1 @dont-email.me:

have you ever checked the brakes? KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Could be a loose caliper, bad pad clips, sway bar bushings, or it could be rear brakes or something else.

Reply to
Steve W.

Lug nuts loose? Wheel going to fall off?

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The brakes checked out ok.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Is there a sway bar on the front? The brakes were checked out.

Definitely not coming from the rear.

Reply to
Electric Comet

No and no.

Reply to
Electric Comet

"Checked out" can mean many things, especially when said by someone who doesn't even know if he has a sway bar. No offense intended. :)

Which of these is more accurate?

1 - The car was lifted off the ground (preferably on a hoist), the wheel was removed, and all the suspension and brake parts were thoroughly inspected by someone who knows what to look for.

2 - You stepped on the brake pedal and the car stopped before it hit the tree.

Reply to
Sanity Clause

My ex had that noise too:

AMuzi

It got new tires all the way around, the tire installer checked the brakes. It was aligned at another shop and they checked out the front-end. The noise existed before any of this work.

That's why I'm asking here.

Reply to
Electric Comet

One or the other or both

Cost of repairs could be $400 Cost of repairs could be $800 Cost of repairs could be $1200

Mechanic is uncertain what the cause is so I'm going to keep researching this. If you know mazda 6s and especially the front-end throw me some ideas.

Reply to
Electric Comet