[rec.autos.tech] Mazda 6 2004 right front wheel clatter on breaking

Do you know mazda 6s?
Mazda 6 2004 right front wheel clatter on breaking
On braking there is a bad sounding clattering, the brakes seem to be
fine. An axle problem? Something in the steering? I leaned my head out the right side and identified the right fron area as the source of the noise.
A clattering cyclical grind noise. Not a good sound.
Car has 150,000 miles.

have you ever checked the brakes? KB
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

Could be a loose caliper, bad pad clips, sway bar bushings, or it could be rear brakes or something else.
--
Steve W.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 17:25:52 -0500

Is there a sway bar on the front? The brakes were checked out.
Definitely not coming from the rear.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:11:48 +0000 (UTC)

The brakes checked out ok.
"Electric Comet" wrote:

"Checked out" can mean many things, especially when said by someone who doesn't even know if he has a sway bar. No offense intended. :)
Which of these is more accurate?
1 - The car was lifted off the ground (preferably on a hoist), the wheel was removed, and all the suspension and brake parts were thoroughly inspected by someone who knows what to look for.
2 - You stepped on the brake pedal and the car stopped before it hit the tree.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:19:12 -0800

It got new tires all the way around, the tire installer checked the brakes. It was aligned at another shop and they checked out the front-end. The noise existed before any of this work.
That's why I'm asking here.
Electric Comet wrote:

Lug nuts loose? Wheel going to fall off?
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:18:04 -0600

No and no.
On 1/12/2015 11:55 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

My ex had that noise too:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/NRCTDISC.JPG
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

One or the other or both
Cost of repairs could be $400 Cost of repairs could be $800 Cost of repairs could be $1200
Mechanic is uncertain what the cause is so I'm going to keep researching this. If you know mazda 6s and especially the front-end throw me some ideas.