Replace Belt tensioner 2003 CTS

Hi ALL.

Need advice. Is there any trick to changing the serpetine belt tensioner on a 2003 cadillac CTS 3.2L. Is it easier just to replace the pulley and bearing or should I change the entire tensioner assembly. It looks relattively easy but I wanted to know if there are any hidden difficulties in the procedure. Thanks

SID in Atlanta Home of the Braves

Reply to
SID

Is just the tensioner pulley bad, or the whole assembly?? If the belt tensioner is jumping the whole assembly may be bad. If just the pulley bearing is bad you can just replace the pulley.

Reply to
m6onz5a

What kinda of bolts hold the pully on. Cause I want to change the hole unit.

Reply to
biggie74