Replace Honda Civic console lock

The console lock (or armrest lock, part# 20 in http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/view-honda-parts-catalog-detail.asp?m 08-civic-hybrid-4-mx-hybrid-cvt&sn=&b=B++3740&dl=#
) on my 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid broke and the console lid stays up. I bought a replacement. I didn't take a picture before I took the old one off. Now I can't figure out what to place the free end of the lock spring (part# 22 in the picture) against, so that the spring can force the latch down and toward the back of the car to lock the console.
Here's a picture right now where I hold the lock:
http://yong321.freeshell.org/temp/ConsoleLock.jpg
The lower left is the front of the car (instead of upper right as in the above diagram). The rod in the lock will go where the yellow line is. The left red arrow points to one end of the spring that hooks into the tiny hole on the lock. The right red arrow is the "free" end of the spring. It needs a backing to push this end of the spring so the front of the lock is pushed down (i.e. toward back of the car when the lid is lowered). But I can't find anything to be used as a backing for this "free" end.
Thanks for help.

da/parts/view-honda-parts-catalog-detail.a...

.org/temp/ConsoleLock.jpg

you could always find the same model in a local junk yard (assuming you have the yards where you can walk through) and see how it's set up.
Thanks. Figured it out. The spring just needs to turn a little. The "free" end should be placed against the back of the cover.
On Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:19:16 PM UTC-7, yong321 wrote:

I am having the same problem and I still can't figure it out from this description. Could somebody post a picture of the spring in place or give a more detailed description of how place the spring against which cover?
Same thing with me please someone post a picture of how the spring goes to provide tension.
Thank you