Saturn Burning Oil

I have a '97 Saturn SC1 with 127000 miles, and it has recently started burning some oil, approx. 1 quart every 1000 miles. Is there any additive I can try to help with this? I have heard something about a piston soak in Marvel Mystery Oil, which is supposed to help with stuck rings. Anybody know anything about this? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Alex Spears

Chevrolet Top Cylinder Cleaner or ATF also does the trick. I use the top cylinder cleaner from Chevrolet since it will least likely harm the catalytic converter. Pour in engine, and turn it over every now and then. Make sure you suck it all out before cranking the engine. Could also be the valve stem. If you see white smoke at start up, is the valve stem.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Lee

Consider yourself lucky.Most Saturns burn oil way before the milage you have(check the Saturn group). Fuggetabout all those little tips and tricks,the rings suck ass from the get-go(made by Hastings).Only way to stop the insanity is to get a ring job.

WOODY

Reply to
Woody