Shutting off vehicle?

Is there a way to shut down a vehicle without having to do any major installations into the electrical system, maybe from plugging into the cigerette lighter adapter or the OBD port?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Yes: Turn off the ignition key.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Yank the coil wire.

Did this on a DIS, thought I was bitten by a widow.

Reply to
Indian Summer

Trip the fuel pump inertia switch, or pull the connector at the switch.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

As happens so often, people post a question without giving enough information. All they can hope to achieve is a simple, general answer like "turn off the key". Maybe the guy is designing his own home-made alarm or anti-theft system. Perhaps he wants to disable somebody's vehicle. He said "shut down" so that presumes that it is running at the time. If the exhaust system was leak free he could shove something in the exhaust or plug the intake air. He could throw a rag into the drive belt area, but this will cause some damage. I'm tired of musing....

Reply to
MaxAluminum

I see now, okay, the OP can try grounding the coil (-) input (primary) with a 1.5-Ohms resistor, probably accessable thru the OBD II port. Indi

Reply to
Indian Summer

A screwdriver through the radiator should cause it to shut off eventually. :)

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

He's just a troll anyway, probably has no interest in an answer.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

At 12/5/03 10:15, MaxAluminum bespake thusly:

A sufficiently large EMP should do it, with the biggest problem being acquiring the materials to generate the EMP. Might also be able to hook up a Peterbilt to a mobile unshielded MRI and accomplish the task...

Reply to
Lon Stowell