Stick shift for Mercedes Benz transmission.

Anybody know where I can find one that will fit on my 1960s era Mercedes Benz four cylinder engine's (I bought the engine from J.C.Whitney back in the 1970s) column shift style transmission.The kind of a top plate stick shift to replace the two levers top plate that is already on there? At a cheap price, hopefully.

I have some old Ford T Model frames and axels and wheels and some other parts, also a 1928 Chevrolet frame with the front and rear axels and steering column and springs.I was thinking about building something simiar to an old Mercer Raceabout car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

have you tried looking in a junkyard to see if you could find a floor shift? I know that by the late 60's M-B was using floor shift four speeds, although they pretty quickly disappeared from the US market. I have no idea if those were the same basic transmission as what you have or not.

nate

Reply to
N8N

There is a local Mercedes Benz new car dealership in this city.There is also a guy who works on older model Mercedes Benz cars in another city near me.I haden't thought to check with him.I will phone him tomorrow.Back in the early 20th century, about 100 years ago, Steinway (of piano fame) was building Mercedes Benz cars and trucks in New York.And FIAT was building cars in New York too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin