Still Flakey Problem

Please be more specific when you ask what position the key is in. Do you mean tangentially, what axis are you speaking about, do you want degrees, radians, azimuth, elevation with regard to the head of the key compare to the tip or just what?

Cass

Reply to
Ca_sss__no_DAMN_spPammmm_____

Knutson:

Here is the deal: I asked if there were any REAL EXPERTS on here that may help with a problem. I explained why I did so. Jim said he was incensed by it and that is funny!

I soon realized something was askew and I thought that Jim may be impaired or handicapped or otherwise unable to express himself clearly and cogently. I was sincere in my request and had no reason to think that there were some so low-down and sorry on this Earth as to deliberately jerk someone around for no reason whatsoever. I am continually amazed at how low some folks can get. I shouldn't be. The prisons are overflowing.

Nevertheless, I didn't want to be rude and come right out and tell him he is full of it but it was hard not to do so.

If you have had a good laugh, that is fine with me. However, what you have done in the process of getting that laugh is exactly some of the reasons that I call you and your little pack: little men. This is the stuff of school kids and even school kids eventually get their teeth knocked out or a broken nose and learn from the experience. You escaped even that lesson in school and I am certain that given enough time, you will come across a good teacher.

Cowards act as you and your band of nitwits but that is why you band together.

You hate me because I said that there are many, many crooks in the automobile repair business and you couldn't stand the light. Every honest person, even the few in this business, know that it is rampant with crooks and you are probably one of the worst.

So, as it turns out, no one is qualified to address the problem that I have put forth. I find that terrifically amusing since some of you think so highly of yourselves.

Now, run along, kiddo.

Cass

Reply to
Ca_sss__no_DAMN_spPammmm_____

The positions as the vehicle manufacturer designates them.. they should be in the owner's manual. Do you have that manual?

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Yeah.. that's preety much how I see it. You say it can't be done, and I can't find anything to support your.. delusion.

Such is life.

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Nah.. me and Cass go way back.. I know how he is. For more information on him try a Deja search on 'casstration'. I'm more than happy to continue giving him the correct information to fix his car, but I'm getting the impression that even with two hands and a flashlight he wouldn't be able to find it.

My car runs.. runs real good. Does your car run Bob?.. How about you Cass?

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" wrote

Happy birthday to Cass...Happy birthday to Cass (this Saturday)

Oh man, now I feel bad. I just noticed the year he was born. I am a kid compared to him. I'm going to stop now, as I don't want to be as cranky as Cass when I'm his age. Plus, now that I know his age, my upbringing compels me to be respectful. Compliments of my father.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Jim,

You still haven't diagnosed the problem. You only expounded on the information that I gave you.

I would tell you all about 'casstration' but you have your mind closed so, it would do no good. I will just say this: I am a person who speaks directly and I try to be honest about things. I will express my opinion in a heartbeat. A lot of folks, such as yourself, want things spoon-fed to them in a 'politcally correct' manner and can't handle the truth.

You and your band of thieves, couldn't stand me saying that there are a lot of crooks in this business so, you go on the attack.

Jim, you still are under the extremely incorrect opinion that YOU or ANYONE can determine the state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery with nothing but a voltmeter. It just cannot be done and I challenge you to tell everyone EXACTLY how it can be done.

So, there is a drunk named roadwarrior who didn't like it when I called folks who stood in line at Sam's Club - SHEEPLE. They wait for the door nazi and dutifully and obiediently wait in line, no matter how long the line, and slavishly present their receipt when commanded to do so.

Roadwarrior is one of those in line and he has gone insane over my 'casstration' because of the above. I said I wasn't going to tell about it but I did.

You fellows don't stand in line when exiting Sam's Club, do you? No, of course not. Not you!

Cass

message

Reply to
___CXXXa_sss__no_DAMN_spPammmm_____

Jim,

Tell everyone about how YOU can determine the state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery with nothing but a voltmeter.

Come, you have loud-mouthed all over the Internet about how you can do it. Prove it!

Cass

Reply to
___CXXXa_sss__no_DAMN_spPammmm_____

Slippery Jim:

Tell us how you can determine the state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery using nothing but a voltmeter. You say that it can be done. Haven't you been saying this over and over?

You even said that years ago, batteries stored on concrete would lose their charge faster than if not stored on concrete!

I know what the problem is with you and your little group: You cannot stand up to the facts. When backed into a corner and asked to explain your cockamamy thinking, you cannot do it and you bob-and-weave, make excuses, change the subject, etc.

You are all blow and no go!

Cass

Reply to
___CXXXa_sss__no_DAMN_spPammmm_____

Yep, for months now. Anyone interested in what I've stated can do a Deja search on 'jafo2000' and 'state of charge'. Quotes, charts and links backing my position. What have you referenced?

Yep.. usually 5 minutes spent Googleing will get you information on any subject.. it was a long time ago, and it's not been a problem for decades, but, at one time, it was a problem. Now, we just have to concern ourselves with battery temperature affecting output.

Funny guy to be talking about 'facts'.. not one to let facts stand in the way of a good delusion, are you?

Car running yet?

Happy Birthday Cass.

regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I'd prefer to keep him in mind as a horrible reminder of what I don't want to be like when I grow up.

yup.. respect your elders and all that.. but remember, there are exceptions to every rule.

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim:

I am asking YOU. You have crowed that one can determine the state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery using nothing but a voltmeter! It cannot be done. It is impossible.

So, tell all of us just how you would go about that.

You can dodge the question by changing the subject or this or that but I will try to keep you 'on-topic'.

Tell us and quit 'jerking' everyone around.

Jim, this is known as 'put up or shut up'.

Cass

Reply to
___ZCxxa_sss__nope__ssspPammmm_____

"___ZCxxa_sss__nope__ssspPammmm_____"

Ok.. you win. I'll just suffer along with my delusions.. at least it's a handy delusion, useful for telling me what percent discharged a battery is.

Nah.. you win. It can't be done. Yeah.. that's the ticket.

Speaking about 'on-topic', hows the troubleshooting going on the car?

Nah, I was mistaken and you're right. Hey everybody, does anyone else suffer from the delusion that you can measure state of charge of a lead acid battery with a voltmeter?

Heh.. you stole that line from me.

regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

state-of-charge

It's no small wonder why you can't get that Mark VIII running, you don't even understand battery basics. I think that as long as you are saying that you are right and the rest of the world is wrong the burden of proof is on YOU. The first thing you should do is learn the difference between state of charge and capacity. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Jim:

You can try to make a joke of it. That is why I call you 'slippery'. You can try to enlist others to share your delusion about the voltmeter and lead-acid cell. That is why I call you 'slippery'. You can use sarcasm in trying to keep from answering the question. That is why I call you 'slippery'.

It seems that you and your little group, when called upon to answer a question that you have 'popped off' on before, just run and hide and change the subject.

You know, it would be very easy for me to just let this subject about your mistaken belief of the voltmeter being able to determine the state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery. In fact, it is a little inconvenient to continue this. However, I believe that when a loudmouth spouts off on something and calls the other down for the truth and then, jerks someone around when in fact, they don't know what they are talking about, that person needs to be shown for what they are.

It is like this, Jim and crew: when the school-yard bully slaps more timid and smaller folks around and gets away with it, he just continues. When someone steps up and challenges the bully and wallops Hell out of him, he suddenly has an epiphany and learns a lesson. Since we are not in person and only have the written word to use in lieu of our fists, I can only make it my business to 'call' the bully out. That way, hopefully, the bully won't be so quick to try his B.S. on the next guy.

I can't change the world but I can show you and Knutson for what you are and that is a windbag with no substance.

Cass

state-of-charge

Reply to
_z__ZCxxxa_sss__nope__ssspPammmm_____

Knutson,

The same challenge is put to you, too. Now, I will watch you make excuses, weasel out and bobb-and-weave. Tell us, since Jim cannot, just how you would use a voltmeter to determine state-of-charge of a lead-acid battery.

I await your excuses.

Oh, feel free to use more insults to keep from answering.

Cass

Reply to
_z__ZCxxxa_sss__nope__ssspPammmm_____

You are the one claiming that "the world is flat" unless you come up with something substantial you've seen my last post on this subject. Dozens of people have written hundreds of posts arguing with you about this same topic. You haven't learned from all that so I see no reason to waste my time. Tell me cASS.... why did you quit crossposting? Is it as your buddy roadwarrior says and you've lost the privilege? And here I thought you had changed your ways. My bad!! Bob

Reply to
Bob

Knutson,

Ask your buddy - Jim. He is the one that is claiming something that is utterly impossible. Ask him to explain how you do the impossible. I am sure that you will believe it.

Keep trying with the insults and goading and hope that no one will notice that you cannot back up what you and your little friend claim.

How does it feel to have someone challenge you and you can't produce? Both of your customers don't like your cheating.