Super Plush Ride From My 01 F350 15 Passenger *Family* Van?

To help the stock suspension on this van would air bags help, or an upgrade in shocks? I know this thing isn't meant to offer a really great ride, but I'm just wondering what might improve the ride, specifically the side to side movement that happens occasionaly. I just put new tires on which has helped quite a bit.

Thanks for your thoughts!

-supa

Reply to
supafly

The F350 was meant to carry a lot of weight, so I doubt that you will ever get a Super Plush Ride. You might check with the tire dealer and see if changing to another brand will offer an improvement. Yokohama tires have the reputation of offering a smoother ride than many other brands.

The side-to-side pitching is in my experience a trait of vehicles that have a high center of gravity like your van. You might lessen that tendency by increasing the tire pressure, but that will reduce what little soft ride you have.

The biggest improvement in ride on my F250 truck was when the bed was full....the ride smoothed out wonderfully. You might put a couple hundered pounds over the rear wheels and see if that doesn't smooth the ride a lot.

Reply to
John S.