Survey for Car Interiors

Hi,

My name is Jenny Chuong, and I am a university student currently working on a design project for a new car interior.

Please do my survey, you responses will be very valuable to me and for my project.

Link to survey:

Much appreciated

Jenny

Reply to
Jenny.Chuong

Well, I think that automotive interior styling peaked in the 1950's and 1960's so I am probably not the guy you're looking to for input :)

nate

(still thinks that the '55 Studebaker Speedster dash is about as good as it ever got)

Reply to
N8N

You're crazy. British cars have far better dashboard design. Demand real mahogany, too.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Eh, mahogany, engine turned aluminum, both are nice but I have a cat- like fascination with shiny things. (my engine, let me show you it.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Check this out then!

Mahogany AND nickel-plated gauges and ignition controls.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:g1k5p2$q22$1 @panix2.panix.com:

But who can beat the fetching sheen of metallic vinyl seats and door panels, enhanced with acres of chrome?

Nobody does metallic vinyl anymore. :^(

Reply to
Tegger

I'll also vote for late 50s to mid 60s as the peak of interior design.

A few high-water marks for me:

the 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 with its "bar graph" speedometer where the bar changed from green to yellow at about 40 mph, and from yellow to red at about 70 mph. The "bar graph" was actually just a painted, rotating cylinder viewed through a slot, not anything fancy or electronic. But DANG it looked cool!

The circa '61'62 Chrysler "Astra Dome" dash used in New Yorkers, 300s, and Newports. A clear plastic bubble from the face of the dash extending halfway up the steering column- gigantic (about 12" diameter) speedometer around the outside, and all the other gauges poking out as "tabs" inside the perimeter of the speedo and getting progressively closer to the driver.

The 66-67 Dodge Charger. Full-length console with bucket seats front AND back, fold-down rear buckets, chrome everywhere, and high-voltage electroluminescent gauge lighting. A spaceship on 4 wheels.

Steve

I just saw a whole roll of red metallic vinyl (think bass-boat) at Jo- Ann Fabrics last weekend, while accompanying SWMBO on a shopping trip. I was investigating their stock of high density foam, upholstery vinyl, headliner cloth etc. while I was waiting for her to get whatever the heck she was looking for.

you're welcome :)

nate

(for the record, the Speedster had a stitched leather interior, although some of the color options were a bit, um, extroverted.)

Reply to
N8N

I still say this is where it's at:

ent_Speedster_Photo.aspx I'm not a big fan of the lemon-lime color combo, but it looks stunning in black. (the "neapolitan" paint scheme was even worse...)

nate

Reply to
N8N

I prefer my interior to be on the inside of the car. Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

Let me guess: You're not attending Cal Tech and working on deep space probes.

Reply to
beerspill