The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

More precisely, you cannot take something that was given to me by a higher authority. Looking at it another way, the government is by the people (s' consent), rather than the people are of the government.

Reply to
krw

You'd better hunker down in your basement. There is a cop (or IRS agent) out there somewhere who's looking to put you away.

Reply to
krw

Tell that to the countries not ruled by our Constitution

Harry K

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not sure where you're going with this.

If you get caught by a LEO with a handgun anywhere in the District you're probably going to be charged with a felony, UNLESS it is secured in the trunk of your car as described above (e.g. compliance with McClure-Volkmer.) This is not paranoia, it's fact. Scuttlebutt says that even if you stop at a restaurant, say, and leave the handgun secured in the trunk of a locked car that that might be considered "not passing through."

I agree that this is crap, but rather than let myself be charged with a felony to prove my point (although I suppose that I could be a poster boy for the NRA at that point; I don't know how well that pays though seeing as subsequently I'd be essentially unemployable if things didn't go well) I just choose to avoid the District altogether (whether or not I have a handgun. Usually I don't, I'm not one of those types who carries everywhere "because I can." Oddly, DC and PG County are two nearby places where I seriously *would* consider carrying, however, and yet I am unable to legally do so as neither DC nor MD recognize *ANY* other states' carry permits. But anyway, this is only one of many reasons why DC is a miserable place, best avoided unless you have actual business there.) As a result of this, they don't get any of my dollars flowing into local businesses etc., which I guess is too bad for them.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

So what is he supposed to do at a red signal?

Reply to
Brent

Says the guy from Chicago... I know you feel our pain.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

"Secured in your trunk". OK. No one said I could strap it to my hip.

"Scuttlebutt is". "Might be". Wow! You're really standing behind your words, there.

Not disagreeing, much, with your last point.

Reply to
krw

When said scuttlebutt is not contradicted anywhere, but is corroborated by a lawyer who is apparently friendly to the NRA, I tend to listen.

Reply to
Nate Nagel

ken away. And, in the US, our Constitution prohibits the government from taking said rights away.

snipped-for-privacy@kt20g2000pbb.googlegroups.com...

Since there is no god, not even a mormon version of one,....

Anyhow, your belief in god given rights does not apply anywhere except in the USA...at least I am not aware of any othere country where it is even mentioned in thier founding documents.

Bottom line. Your "believing" something goes exactly nowhere for proof of anything.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

e:

That applies here in the USA. Got any cite to anywhere else?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You really are in the population of the clueless.

Reply to
krw

"The bitch set me up." - M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I didn't know it was crack." - M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

e:

rote:

Denial is not just a river.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

away. And, in the US, our Constitution

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@kt20g2000pbb.googlegroups.com...

you're completely missing the point. it matters not the slightest what excuses for servitude other people have in other countries. "we the people" broke away from all that. "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are natural rights in conflict with any system of subjugation. our founding fathers knew that. and that's why they spelled out the bill of rights - so that their successors could understand what they had learned from experience and to clue us in on what we have to protect.

Reply to
jim beam

More proof of your cluelessness. It is *you* who is in denial, idiot.

Reply to
krw

Forgive my ignorance of local roadways and thouroughfares, but is not "DC" quite small and easily driven around rather than through? GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

away. And, in the US, our Constitution prohibits the government from taking said rights away.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

if I remember traffic law, stopping is when you turn off the engine. Standing is what you actually do at a red light....and parking is when you, stand, stop, and then exit the vehicle.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Sure, it's quite hard to actually drive through. One would have to be nuts to even try.

Reply to
krw

It is rather small, and it's actually easier to drive around it than through it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel