the matco man

I was driving around today and happened to see a big white truck with Matco in big red letters on the side of the truck. I almost turned around and followed him to see where he went and try and get a peek inside that big white truck. Anyone know how much stuff he keeps in there, prices, quality of the tools? Does he cater to the automotive industry like snap on or is he more diverse? Any opinions are well appreciated. Do you think he would have minded my interest in his products being that I'm not in charge of a shop and simply like to work on my own cars?

Reply to
mZ

Matco is a pro-quality tool line on par with Mac and Snap-On, but without Snap-On's somewhat justified reputation for overpricing. The Matco man, in general, will sell to you if you'll pay the prices for his tools -- even if you don't run a shop.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

they have a lot of stuff on there. I use a lot of matco tools everyday,just as good as snap-on in my opinion, and a lot of times less expensive. never had a problem with warranty on broken stuff. i'd recommend them to anybody. stop and talk to him, i'm sure he'll sell to you, although he may be leery of setting up a truck account like they do at shops. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein