Tire Question From Sr. Citizen

Hello,

Thanks again for previous help. Very nice of you all. Sr. Citizen now, so please bear with me a bit.

Have to get new tires for my 2009 Buick LaCrosse (4 door sedan)

Live outside of Boston. "Fair" amount of snow in the winter. I leave my tires on all year round, even though I agree it's not the smartest thing to do; but just too much of a hassle to change it these days.

So, I would like to put on Nokian WR G3 tires. Have really liked them in the past.

Sticker on the car door frame says: 225/60 R16 Nothing else.

**Present tires are Michelin, and embossed on the tire is: 225/60 R16 98H

I have no idea what the 98 H means ?

**The closest that Nokian now offers for their WR G3 is: 225/60 R16 102 V XL

Again, I have no idea what the 102 V XL means ?

What do all these symbols mean, please ? H V XL and the 102

Think the Nokian's with the 102 V XL will be good for my 2009 Buick ?

Any caveats re handling, snow capability etc. ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

More than you wanted to know:

The Real Bev

I don't know either, but it seems like a subset of what the door frame says to use, so I'm sure it's fine.

Except for XL. I think that means Extra Large. Have you gained weight? JK, just kidding.

Reply to
micky