Tires more than 6 years old are dangerous

Wow, I had no idea old tires could cause a car to burst into flames.

In other words: who cares about your SILs car, we're talking about the BS claim that 6 year old tires are deadly.

Reply to
Steve

So why did she ignore the recall on the Explorer?

Maybe you should research that issue instead of posting BS that has been proven wrong MANY times.

Reply to
Steve W.

You're a bit of a s*****ad aren't you.

Don't answer, we already know the answer.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

Typical *kill the messenger* reply.

You're plonked.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

Glad your sister wasnt hurt. I used to buy Fords years ago, and this would have been a fitting end to some of them.

Reply to
HLS

Only when the message is idiocy. Then its just a little chlorine for the gene pool.

Why thank you.

Reply to
Steve

If you maintain proper tire pressure that is complete BS. I have run many tires of many brands for 10 years or more and never had a single problem with any of them. It is all "cover your ass" fallout from the Explorer problem with the Firestone tires. And it was not the age of those tires that was the problem, they were just complete crap tires. I know, I had them. BUt none of mine blew out, they just turned into unbalanceable pieces of crap.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

And if you look at that second clip, where he says it shows all the mayhem, you'll notice it is mostly those large truck and SUV tires failing, which are more prone to that in any event, at any age.

Reply to
last_permutation

And the consequences of running a tire underinflated are very serious.

Reply to
John S.