Top Gear's The Stig is finally revealed

He's Ben Collins.

I'm sad. Everybody in the industry knew who he was, I'm sure, but the mystery was fun.

Apparently they may ditch the character entirely for next season.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9DEAADFBC630tegger@208.90.168.18:

He *was* the stig, but got fired for reasons that vary according to the source. Remember the one in the black suit? *that* was him. The Harrier Aircraft carrier Jaguar bit was done when he was fired.

I'm frankly amazed that a British paper (even The Mirror) would make such a stupid mistake. He hasn't been the stig for years now.

Reply to
chuckcar

Last year I read somewhere (I don't remember where) there are several Stigs, and one of them is American born. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:15166-4C841CD7-8408@storefull-

3171.bay.webtv.net:

Considering that they once had an African Stig who was quite obviously black, you're probably right.

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

I've heard something along the same lines as well - more for speciality than anything else. One that knows the BMW i-drive and one that is capable in open wheel racers would be by first divisions. That i-drive is nuts.

Reply to
chuckcar

chuckcar wrote in news:Xns9DEAD59441DA6chuck@127.0.0.1:

Arrgh. *Another* wrong letter. That should read ..would be my first... above.

Reply to
chuckcar

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9DEAADFBC630tegger@208.90.168.18:

Apologies. Not being in GB, the intracies involved in *two* former stigs being leaked to the press - one from a crash in a dragster driven by Richard Hammond and the other from a book - was not something I was aware of. The other problem being that BBC Canada broadcasts the shows in Random order, so any perception of flow is completely gone - aside from the colour of Jeremy Clarkson's hair and the length of James May's.

chuckcar