Top stoplight works, Lower stop lights don't,also winshield washer don't work

The hazard lights don't work either. Multi Function Switch ?

Reply to
Jim

My vehicle won't go sometimes. What's wrong with it, is it the shaft?

Reply to
.

>> using MotorsForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to >> rec.autos.tech and other automotive groups >

no, no, "It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads." -Fletch

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Already done that ,and added two bams of compression fluid

Reply to
Jim

Possibly. Year/Make/Model? Red brake lights that are combined with the turn signals? If yes I would definitely suspect the ts switch

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It's a 96 Ford Taurus--

Reply to
Jim

check fuse. Lower lights are on a different circuit than the 3rd brake light. Also check the bulbs.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Checked bulbs and fuses all ok

Reply to
Jim

google sez amber turn signals in the rear

SO... you're going to have to break out the meter or test light

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Bad brake light switch?

You said the hazzards don't work. Is that just the rear lights, or does the hazzard switch do nothing at all?? Do the front lights even come on? Might be the multifunction switch, but I don't see how the brake lights would be affected from this?

Reply to
m6onz5a

The hazard switch does nothing,and it is part of the MFS as is the windshielkd washer so I'll replace it ,it nothing else it'll get the washer and hazards working

Reply to
Jim

Thanks everyone for your imput, I replaced the Multi-Function Switch and all works great now--

Reply to
Jim
[snip]

Muffler bearing. Its a common problem with vehicles of that make/model/year.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.