1983 CJ7 Hazard Lights Won’t Stop Flashing

I have a 1983 Jeep CJ 7, and I cant seem to find a switch or toggle to stop the hazard lights from blinking. The only way I can get them to stop is by pressing
on the brake. As soon as I release my foot from the brake peddle, they start blinking again. I don’t know how to stop this.
I have a 1983 Jeep CJ 7, and I cant seem to find a switch or toggle to stop the hazard lights from blinking. The only way I can get them to stop is by pressing on the brake. As soon as I release my foot from the brake peddle, they start blinking again. I don’t know how to stop this.
On the steering column.. there's a little button. Push = on / Pull = off
On 3/12/2018 8:18 AM, Jeepers wrote:

The brake locking up the flashers is a feature, not a bug. It allows traffic behind you to know that you've applied the brakes.
You flashers are controlled by a small button on the steering column, correct? The switch for that is part of the signal light switch, and is probably borked. It isn't *too* difficult to replace, but it does require pulling the steering wheel. The difficult part, as I recall, is threading the harness down the column tube (but it's been over a decade since I did that and may be misremembering).