No brake lights

No brake lights.

'88 Cougar. The center (rear window) light works, but the main brake lights don't. Bulbs are OK, turn signals work OK. I'm thinking it might be the turn signal switch in the steering column, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert A. Barr

Thunder Fish

electrical trouble is grounding.

Reply to
getupand

and the

multi-function switch

Thanks, I'll head in that direction. It's a friend's car, but we tried the hazards and they do work all the way around; so I'll look at that hazard switch too.

By 'multifunction switch', I take it you mean the turn signal switch in the column itself. Not the end of the world, and the part's only about $40.

Thanks for the tips!

RB

Reply to
Robert A. Barr