transmission humming

I have a 03 buick lesabre with a high pitched whinning noise coming from the transfer case. my step dad told me that the input shafts wasn't heat treated before being instalation and have had a problem with bowing. have you heard anything about this? the noise is directly proportional to the engine speed and not the vehicle.

Reply to
estab_1980