humming noise

I have a 03 grand am that recently started humming. the noise is propotional to the speed and not the engine RPMs. i was thinking maybe a wheel bearing but wouldn't it make more noise while turning? I haven't had any work done on the car recently and it just started i took the tires off and let it run at idle (on jack stands) and the noise is still there. if you could help with a couple possible solutions it would be much appreciated.

Reply to
estab_1980