truck shakes while idling but I don't know why

have a 99 Mazda B-4000 4x4 (identical to Ford Ranger XLT). I took it in to the dealer for an oil change and immediately when I started the truck it was shaking while idling. I notified the mechanic and he came out and checked to make sure oil was filled etc.. but all I know is that is was fine before and now it shakes. What could have happened? Once I begin moving everything is normal, but it still shakes only when I am stopped and it is idling. It is a manual transmission and it doesn't seem to shake from low idle speed since when I push the gas in neutral it still shakes. This is baffling to me, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Matt

Reply to
mrlang64

My 92 F150 used to do this sort of thing when I first got it. At the same time, my oil pressure would drop to zero (or so the gauge said) and the thing would shut off after acting like the clutch was buttered up. I still don't know what the problem was, as it stopped after doing it for about a week.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ |__________________________Jake Stichler____________________________| |Blog |
||Red Phoenix Group |
||Skype: RedPhoenixGroup | AIM: LancerSykera | YIM: burtainian |+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Reply to
Search4Lancer

If it shakes all the time in neutral but not while accelerating it may be a timing issue. I'd check the timing system, including vacuum lines as the mechanic may have bumped these enough to cause a leak, as well as the idle RPM, make sure it matches up with the manufacturer specifications. My 1983 volvo sometimes idles slightly slower than spec once it is warm and the result is a terrible shake, a problem which i'm still working on.

I've also heard of this fault occuring when there is a blockage/leak in the exhaust system which changes pressures at the engine. It cant hurt to check for any damaged gaskets. My guess is that if a leak in the exhaust system can cause this, the same can be said about the intake system, so it may be worth checking out your air filter and intake. I'll be watching this post for any progress in the hope that it may help me out as well.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Reply to