Trying to determine if one of the two OBD2 devices is better or preferable ?

Trying to determine if one of the two :

or

Is superior to the other ?

They would both use ELM based hardware, but the software seems to be different. I don't mind paying the additional monetary amount for the (#2) Palmer PCMSCAN scam software if it is actually better and more functional.

Perhaps some in this group has hands on experience with these OBD2 devices.

Reg

Reply to
Reg

I'm also shopping for a pc based software and hardware. The hardware seems pretty standard. Those two look good, heres 3 more I wish would sell just the software.

Buying a package may save some bucks.

Reply to
534BC

Thanks,

Anyone have a viewpoint on:

?

Reply to
Reg

Be careful when dealing with the folks at (myscantool.com / gore-research) I purchased a scan tool which did not work on either of my cars right out of the box. They will do nothing about it. As a matter of fact they don't even have a phone number so you can speak to someone. Email is often not answered.....unless it's for a sale. Right now I have an expensive paper weight...

Reg wrote:

Reply to
sjt

So you are searching through archives for anyone who mentions myscantool.com just so you can bash the company? I don't think your 2 month late reply is going to help the OP any...

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Try

. Ihave the first one they made. The new one does A LOT more stuff thanthe first generation. The interface is decent. FYI.. Check sears. Theyhad a first generation one sitting for so long that I got a $100 firstversion for $30.