What is this rear end?

A friend was cleaning out his shed and gave me this rear end. Only numbers I can find are.. AF-C7DW-4025-C cast on top. Couple of characters were fuzzy, the A maybe an R, and the W maybe an N. Did a Google with nothing found. Housing has removable plate. any help is appreciated. JR

Reply to
JR

I did a little internet search and believe this is a Ford part number. Some of the details I found are questionable, but I will try to find the site again and post for you. It's worth what it cost.

Reply to
HLS

I did a search and found some sites that might indicate this could be a Ford rear end. I have tried to send you the link several times but my dammitalltohell laptop seems to freeze when I go to that site.

Reply to
HLS

A little luckier this time

Try this site

HLS

And here is the other one that may be of help

HLS