Toyota AE86 legacy

Hi everyone, I grew up driving a glorious Toyota 1985 GT-S Twincam RWD coupe (inherited from my extremely wise father), also known as the AE86 coupe. Now that I've moved across the country I'm considering buying a car (almost certainly used). As I look throught the options, my mind keeps drifting back to that AE86. That car is so much fun to drive...

I'm wondering whether people have suggestions for more recent models that could compare to the lightweight responsiveness and handling of the AE86. I don't know enough about cars to really even understand what made that old Toyota so great, but I know nothing else I've tested drives like that!

Thanks! Peter

Reply to
Chinasaur