Where can I buy solar pannels for my electric/hybrid car?

***************************************************** Where can I buy some sollar pannels to put on the roof or on the hood of a car?

The car I have right now, is a total junk. It's a gas and it's totally sluggish, plus it's old so it smells like shit.

I'm seriously thinking about buying an electric vehicle or a used hybrid so I can save up on some money. I'm totally broke and I'm unemployed most of the time. But I have ten or so grand I can spend from credit if I can put it into something as a callateral that I can show to the bank, which an electric or hybrid hevicle is perfect because it barely depreciated or at least depreciates a lot less that ICE cars. Plus me being broke doesn't help at all with the gass prices, I can berely afford to drive at all with a car, but I can have an electric vehicle as long as it has some extra solar pannels and some extra batteries, which is ok for me in terms of finances because they will be covered by the low interest loan, easy money.

I'm so f*&#$ng broke it's not even funny. I'll take any way it takes to save money. With solar pannels, I'm saving like 10% on gas automatically, plus it's free because the bank covers it, as long as a keep up a good credit. I don't care if it's sticking out or anything, as long as it's huge and big and get's me the juice. I'm desperate, I need to get from point A to point B.

sts3234

If you are totally broke and unemployed why would you spend what little money you have left on building a car that will have no value to anyone but you.

Do you have $10,000 or are you borrowing this money.

You would be better off buying a cheap used car than pouring your last money into a project like this. If you are broke and unemployed do you really need a regular source of transportation? Why not use the bus.

You won't be savng a nickel. You will be spending money. Go re-read what you wrote.

Reply to
John S.

Here, give him some of this, too - I hear it goes great with troll-food.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Yup...I took the bait on that one.....

Reply to
John S.

The most you'll get from a car covered with solar panels is a few hundred watts, or roughly 1 HP.

Frankly an electric or hybrid vehicle makes no financial sense for you. An inexpensive conventional internal combuston car would be better, and the one with the best gas mileage is probably the Toyota Echo. These are good cars -- reliable, surprisingly roomy for 4 adults, and not very popular.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

Yes. A good friend crewed for a solar-cell powered car in a race across australia. Those cars are notable for their efficient design to allow batteries and other heavy electronic components to be carried. The cars can run at almost highway speeds because the battery pack can be recharged nightly, with the solar cells replacing some but not all of the energy used. The OP needs to consider that the solar cells alone as you mentioned do not put out enough energy to power a car. That solar power source has to be supplemented.

IF the O.P. is accurate in his statements about not having income or assets then I would think that conservation of remaining cash would be a priority.

Reply to
John S.