Which oil in older car?

I realize it isn't your personal recommendation, but I'd rather not take advice from oil change places that aren't full service garages. One quick lube wanted to put 10W-40 in my water cooled VW, which VW prohibited above about 50F. The engine needed straight 40 for summer, which wasn't available. Actually I typically used 20W-50, as VW dealers did, but even that wasn't recommended above about 78F.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

"Huw" wrote

They is them what aren't we.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

"MasterBlaster"

Oh *t h e m*! Don't take a blind bit of notice what *they* say.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I own a 1986 Ford car and I use 5w30. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I use 0W-20 in my 2003 Ford ( Vulcan V6 U code ). I get fast winter starts. Instant gratification. Mobil 1 rocks.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

nice pic katlyn, how about one with the bikini top off? you could make good money doing that at a bike show.

Reply to
J J

That 'person' must be fifty by now, it has been posting that shot all over usenet for years....

Mike

Mike Romain