2006 Ranger engine oil

What type of engine oil should be used in my new 2006 4.0L Ranger? In one section, the owners manual says to use Motorcraft SAE 5w30 oil or an equivalent 5W-30 oil meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C929-A. In a different section, the owners manual says to use Motorcraft SAE 5w-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (US) part number XO-5W30-QSP.

Kenn

Reply to
Richard Klages

Walmart sells the Motorcraft semi-sythetics for a good price.

Reply to
JimV

Pep boys has both Motorcraft 5-30 and 10-30, I run the 10-30 here in Vegas. They have 10-40 but it doesn't seem to be the synthetic blend as the other two are.

Reply to
invalid unparseable