You won't need a drivers license by 2040.

I am 70, I don't think I will live untill 2040.

Reply to
JR

I'll be 73 in 2040.. I'll be lucky if I make it to that age. :)

Reply to
m6onz5a

My guess is that we'll all have radio transmitter ID tags implanted under our skins just like Fido and Suze the cat. It'll have our special

20-digit ID number that identifies ourselves to any agency in the world that wants to know. It outta make renting a car a simple procedure. There won't be any crime because the government is gonna know where we are and what we're doing at all times. As you say, you might be dead in 2040 - that is, if you're lucky! :-)
Reply to
dsi1

It's not like present trends showing we'll be living a freer place so it probably will mean being tagged like livestock.

Reply to
Brent

"Tagged like livestock" is not a very nice way to put it. Mostly, we'll be the government's pets. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

We will all have implanted rfid tracking chips by then. No chip = no job, no food.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

livestock is the appropiate term.

pets are kept for enjoyment. Livestock are kept to do work and/or produce a product.

Reply to
Brent

It's appropriate alright, my point was that it's not a nice way to put it.

Reply to
dsi1

We're being corraled as we speak. In 2040, the gate will be locked. The interim step: a cashless society. And a multi-lingual society -- so's no one can effectively communicate. Listen to the announcements in HD. The powers-dat-be are having a ball.

Reply to
Existential Angst