06 Sienna - Dead Battery -now what

For whatever it is worth - this morning I measured 12.86 volts on the bat terminals. That is compared to 12.92v yesterday (about 20 hours). Just sitting there does this not seem reasonable? That would be .5v in a week.

Do you happen to have the 'expected' loss standard(s)?

mike

The green eye is just a simple specific gravity tester -- it's a little ball that floats or not.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

Actually, it is 0.06 V in a week.

Reply to
Jeff

The battery's rate of discharge is usually not linear. I don't have the specs for the rate of discharge.

If it makes you feel any better, the fact that Toyota issued a TSB outlining how to measure battery drain on a Sienna tells me that the situation you're in is not that uncommon. I'd bet the dealer has more current information than I do on whether or not your battery and charging system are good and what to do if it is not.

Reply to
Ray O