2006 Avalon

Just purchased a new '06 Avalon. After driving it for about 500 miles =, I noticed that it is sensitive to lateral tar joints and other imperfection in the roadway, like moving from teh roadway to a curb apron. It seems it wants to pull the steering wheel. I'm used to a '99 AUdi quatro which did not display these kinds behaviors. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for the steering and suspension geometry on an avalon?

Thanks Dale

Reply to
Dale Webler

You might want to post what tires are on the car ( and also check their inflation).

Thanks Dale

Reply to
Art

Our 05 does fine. Art is correct, look at the tires. BUT might be alignment too.

Reply to
ron

Just purchased a new '06 Avalon. After driving it for about 500 miles =, I noticed that it is sensitive to lateral tar joints and other imperfection in the roadway, like moving from teh roadway to a curb apron. It seems it wants to pull the steering wheel. I'm used to a '99 AUdi quatro which did not display these kinds behaviors. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for the steering and suspension geometry on an avalon?

Thanks Dale

Reply to
Dale Webler

If lowering the inflation doesn't satisfy you, you might want to try raising it as long as you are below the max psi labeled on the side of the tire. Also they are probably MXV4 Plus which is a very good but expensive tire. If that doesn't help talk to your dealer.

Thanks Dale

Reply to
Art