2008 Acura TSX:Sporty and economic, with room for baby.

2008 Acura TSX:Sporty and economic, with room for baby.

This car has been a joy to drive in the few short days that I've driven it. It handles well, has excellent fuel economy and is roomy without losing the sporty feel. At 28k, it's probably the most affordable luxury car on the market, and is in the same ballpark as a fully loaded Camry or Accord.

Note: If you're thinking about purchasing, now's the time to buy. A new body style for the '09 TSX hits the street 4/24/08, so I think dealers are trying to get rid of their '08 inventory. I got mine for just below invoice at $25,888 plus fees.

Abel

Excellent. I'm glad you like it. The smaller TSX chassis is based on the European Accord and should be a plus for those who don't like the new and larger US Accord.

People should also look at the Cadillac CTS, 2008 Motor Trend Car of the Year. Reviewers ranked it 2nd behind BMW 3-series in luxury performance. Costs too much? A magazine suggested that if you can't afford the CTS then try the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. Seriously.

In today's economic climate, it never hurts to look at the 2008 North American Car of the Year, with 5-star front and side impact safety rating and has 2 MPG better both city and highway than the TSX and starting $19.995:
That said, many of us here drive your great grandmother's Camry to the supermarket. Well, let's see, it's bland, it doesn't have anything really. Not even reliability if you got the Camry V6 with the gear skipping U-series transmission (U660E) which Consumer Reports won't recommend. ;) ;) ;)

Reply to
johngdole