Conservatives should rid of Billy Sunday (ot)

The Billy Sunday attitude is ripping the conservative party into shreds. It is time for Republicans to rebuke the Christian Conservative movement that has hijacked the party since Billy Sunday's age. Let the few psycho Ron Paul and Huckabee supporters go on their merry way.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Huckabee is obviously psycho for wanting to rewrite the constitution.Why do you think Ron Paul is for wanting to restore the country to its constitutional boundaries?

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Paul was an isolationist. While, yes, he had some great ideas... he also was not a realist about world and foreign policy. This just is not 1901 when you could be to yourself.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

I think he IS more real than most. I believe that our foreign policy that we've had for the last 30-50 years is what keeps us hated in the world and wastes a lot of my money. Anyone want to tell me why we still have military bases in Germany and Japan?

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Russia, China. Now, Middle East.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Please explain this. What did he want to rewrite? Also, were all the other amendments psychotic too?

Reply to
badgolferman

And replace it with what, religions that require people to actually think, make sacrifices, help people who are less fortunate, and, worst of all, stop hating anybody who's different?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

From the sound of it, the whole thing. Here's a direct quote: "I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

I'm very uncomfortable having a constitution that is defined by any one man's view of God.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Uncomfortable is an understatement. The guy proved he's an idiot for now knowing that there's a reason the founders made it so difficult to amend the constitution. But, we already knew he was an idiot.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"What keeps us hated," is conservative politics. Not having socialized medicine. Being the super power that everyone has to call on, yet we dont embrace European ideals.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

We may not agree often, but this is definitely one of those times we do.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

What's happened over the past 8 years is not conservative politics. We've had the biggest government expansion ever. You libs should love that. I hate it.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Yeah it is... It's just neo-conservative politics. You better get use to an increase in government one way or another... I don't agree with the current type of growth, but government growth is here to stay...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

I wouldn't call it anything with the title "conservative" in the name. Real conservatism seems to be something that isn't very common in this day and age.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity