Access Pricing

I have just joined this group. I can't believe that amongst the 22,000 messages no one has discussed Toyota's Access Pricing policy in Canada!
Is it possible to negotiate a price lower than the Access Priced amount? If so can you suggest how I might be able to get this same discount? I live in BC.
Cheers, Brian
I have just joined this group. I can't believe that amongst the 22,000 messages no one has discussed Toyota's Access Pricing policy in Canada!
Is it possible to negotiate a price lower than the Access Priced amount? If so can you suggest how I might be able to get this same discount? I live in BC.
Cheers, Brian

If
in
Toyota has gone thru endless lawsuits over the years, over people complaing that their "access pricing" is price fixing. Since sometime last year (can't remember when) they stopped the access pricing, which was below MSRP, by $11 for an echo, i think, and so now you just have to pay the MSRP. Metro Lexus Toyota in Victoria, BC (aparently the best dealer in BC, I think its horrible - the salesman I had when I bought my '03 corolla had me sign the paper which I was supposed to fill in, already filled in BY HIM, saying they were the best!!!) They would not budge at all on price for me.

I can't comment on something when I have never heard of it. What are you referring to?
Natalie, Yankee
With Access Pricing there is supposed to be no negotiating. The list price is the price you pay for the vehicle. Toyota (in Canada) does this. Apparently other dealerships are going to be doing this too.
I am just wondering it there is still SOME room for negotiation.

If
in

"No haggle" pricing (as if that's good for the buyer!) goes on in the States too.

Best time to buy is near the end of the month. They want their sales figures as high as possible and will be more open to negotiation.
Also look for deals on "last year's model" still sitting on the lot.
B. E. Gumby wrote:

In the U.S. every 'fixed price' dealership I've been in ALWAYS has had room for negotiation.

One can find Access Pricing at any dealerships of any brand. Simply pay the MSRP. The dealer will still beat you on the allowance for your trade, dealer options, interest rates, and "fees" over and about the actual fees. LOL
mike hunt
"Wickedly" wrote:

What the heck is an access price? Down here in the temperate zone, "access" would have something to do with getting a wheelchair into an automobile. <grin>
Merritt