Another sign of GM's desperation

Apparently, in Simon's opinion, Toyotas are not only a great car, but they worth their selling price. I believe he feels they are worth the price for the parts, too.

Maybe in your opinion, they're not. However, please don't put words in other people's mouths.

Maybe if simon starts a courier service, he will by hyundais or Fords.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Would you be happier if we were the only colonial master?

Detroit's in trouble because they were stupid, arrogant, greedy, lazy and impatient. People want good, reliable, economical cars. Detroit ignored that. They think they can wrap their second-rate and sometimes Mexican-made or captive Korean import product in the flag and we'll buy it. They watched sales plummet after every gas crisis and continued to tilt their product line towards gas hogs.

Screw that.

Toyota implemented 600,000 sugggestions from their employees for product and process improvement last year. Detroit sold for-shit intake gaskets for at least 10 years and they knew it for at least 9 of those years.

Guess where I'm going for my next car.

Reply to
dh

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news:BJqdnXgAqpovHsLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

There's no doubt you have a lot of knowledge about the industry Mike, your problem is that you can't accept facts and reality about what is taking place and why it happened. The old monopoly of the Big 3 is gone forever and hiring mostly unskilled workers and paying them 60-80 thousand a year, combined with equally outrageous CEO and upper management salaries and bonuses, and a culture developed while operating as a monopoly, killed the golden goose.

Reply to
tango

The question doesn't apply to me. Who were you speaking to?

Reply to
Coffee Lover

29F Degrees hu? Ok, yeah you have the big brain.
Reply to
Coffee Lover

That's true, maybe even put some GM dealerships next to a K-Mart or Target too.

Reply to
Coffee Lover

The question does apply to you, hence the reason I hit the "Reply to Sender" button.

Reply to
80 Knight

You actually hit "Reply to Group" but if you did reply to snipped-for-privacy@Never.ok , then I think we know who has less IQ (sic).

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

This must be an inside job. Watch the Toyota and Honda car sales increase even more.

Reply to
highkm

Hmmm, I dunno. It's such a brass balls move, it may impress someone into going with the GM.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll