Autralian Toyota Vin Numbers

Hello I work in the auto glass industries and we have problems ID ing Toyota vin plates for example JT721UHA600025559 is a Toyota Hiace Van 1999 model.

If you look at the 10th digit (which should represent the year) it is a 0. 0 Does not represent a year according to the international standard. Its quite confusing. Those who can relate to what I am harping on about could you let me know how to decode Toyota VIN plates

Kind Regards Michael Smedley

Reply to
Michael Smedley

It's probably an "O" (um, as in Oh!) ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

In the US, its the same deal. But after 2000, they went to numbers instead of the letters.

Reply to
Liberals are leaches