Body Rot

I have an '81 Cressida wagon which runs surprisingly well, considering that the body is literally dripping off the car at this point. What can be done to cover-over some of the holes and get another year or two out of this wagon? Short of welding, I suppose.

Are there any heavy tapes that could cover the holes? Or any sort of foam that could be injected into them? The car is in Hawaii, and 23 years of salty air have taken their toll. I don't even like to open the hood anymore, since re-closing it means an inch or more of rusted metal will fall off!

Reply to
just another

cover-over some of the holes

that could be injected

their toll. I don't even

of rusted metal will

Duct tape. Or you could Fiber Glass over it, but that wont stop the rust, only buy you some time.

Reply to
Josh

There is a new and special duct tape that does not dry up or aged.

I know of two types of foam, one that retains water and the other (high density) does not. Doesn't seem to matter for just one more year.

Bondo and fiberglass sheets are cheap and you could do the whole care with not much money. For very large holes you may want to use sheets (thin steel or aluminum) and rivets. I like aluminum as its easy to cut and doesn't cut your hands like steel sheets.

The car is in Hawaii, and 23 years of salty air have taken their toll. I don't even

Reply to
Fred

Thanks for the responses. *Man* did I pick 'da wrong newsgroup ;-)

Reply to
just another