COMPRESSURE SHORT CYCLES- BUT COOLS GOOD

I need help. Have a 97 Camry. Cools fine even when its 110 deg. But the compressor cycles on nd off about every 20 to 30 sec. I added freon, reduced freon. I always cools the same. Cycles off at 25 psi. High pre is good, under 300 psi. cools to 40 if even if outside 110 deg air or it is on recirculate. I can see the expansion valve start to let freon flow and let the low side pressure increase for a moment then the low side drops to 25 psi and it cycles off.

This air cools good , always to 40 deg. Even if it has a low charge or HIgh Charge, ambient temp is 80 deg or 115. If is is on recir or outside air. it consistently cools the same. it just short cycles.

This started happening after it lost a slight amount of freon over the winter and I started to add. Sight glass looks good and no currant leaks.

Somebody please help?

Mike

Reply to
mgold

I copied and pasted my response from the first time you posted this question: You said that the low side cycles off at 25 PSI. What is the pressure range on the low side when the compressor is engaged and disengaged?

You mentioned that you added freon to your system, but your system does not use freon. If you added R-12 freon, that is the wrong stuff and you should take it into a shop, explain what happened, and have the system professionally evacuated and re-charged. The proper refrigerant for your system is R-134-A.

300 PSI is too high for the high side. High side pressure should be around 215 PSI.

Are the electric cooling fans working properly? Is the condenser free from obstructions and debris accumulation?

It is possible that the system is overcharged, you have moisture or dirt in the system, or the pressure sensor is bad.

Reply to
Ray O