Coolant Type

I actually thought about that, but I couldn't remember if you need to add water if too many balls are floating or antifreeze, so when in doubt, add

50/50 ;-)
Reply to
Ray O

I know the old Prestone one with the pivoting float needle has the instructions hot-stamped on the vial - the cheap testers they sell now with the "floating balls in an eye dropper" should come with an instruction sheet of some sort. (*) And they're cheap enough for even the DIY'er to afford.

(*) One of the reasons I bought a hot laminator - so I can make 'working copies' of instruction sheets that will survive in readable condition in a toolbox, you can wipe off the grease smudges. Copy it in the LaserJet fax machine, laminate it, and file the original away.

Original instructions can usually be found at the manufacturer's website - they've discovered it's a LOT easier and cheaper to put a PDF file up than to print and mail paper copies.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Reply to
Travis King

I have the kind with the floating balls but I can't remember the last time I used it. ;-)

I have a laminator too, I never thought of laminating instructions - good idea!

Reply to
Ray O