Dome light replacement that's brighter? LED?

And they light up faster, giving people behind _slightly_ more warning and reaction time -- the main reason Volvo introduced them (before anyone else, IIRC/FWIW).

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Have you tried the Old Fashioned Way? IIRC, AC Delco is a GM brand, so maybe their dealers can get one for you.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I used to charge $10 for myself for "shipping and handling", because I was selling stuff for others on commission. Sometimes I'd score big, but most of the time I was making $5 per sale. So that extra $10 made up for my time to get the thing to the buyer.

And, I had a 100% satisfaction rating, with "SUPER FAST SHIPPING!!!!" being the common comment.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Have a look at Radio Shack or AutoZone. THey have them in stock, no shipping...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oops - my bad. LED's are lower wattage, not necessarily lower voltage ;-)

A watt is a measure of energy consumption, not of light intensity. A 150 watt LED array would be huge. Light intensity is generally measured in lumens, lux, or foot-candles.

Reply to
Ray O

Go to a place that sells automotive accessories, like Sears, Target, Meijers, etc or to an automotive parts store to get sockets or socket splitter/multipliers. No extra shipping cost, and you can see what you're buying. Keep in mind that those socket splitters do not increase the power output of the factory socket.

Reply to
Ray O

I'm coming late into this thread, but does anyone have links for the car lights that plug into the lighter socket? I can't find any real quick on Amazon.

Reply to
Danny Taggart

Next time, try looking slowly on Amazon or try using different search words:

Ray O

LOL! Ask them how many amps it handles and they say; Uh, what are amps?

Reply to
Mama Bear

No you were actually right, a typical LED might only need 1.4 Volts at

30 MA to power it. They use arrays and series them for higher voltage applications. Like a 12V tail light might use 10 of them in series?

Yeah I know.

Reply to
Mama Bear

Mama Bear

I saw something at the amazon site about that one at

supplied by RV Supply Warehouse in Colorado. I need to look them up, they may be local.

Reply to
Mama Bear

Either that or they bring you to the car stereo display...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Once I asked them about how many amps something could handle and they showed me their AMPlifiers. LOL!

Reply to
Mama Bear