Engine check light caused by P0441 code

You are referring to our recent federal election? If so, we now have a Conservative MINORITY government. It will be like walking on glass to keep that government in power. Hopefully, the new government will cancel the former government's ratification of the UGH Kyoto agreement. I'm all for saving the earth and all, but Kyoto was and is a MAJOR ABORTION of an agreement.

Reply to
Sharx35

My guess is that the code will come back, somewhere betweeen 1 and 3 weeks. The nature of the 2-trip detection logic means that some "trips" do not count as a trip, and with an intermittent problem, it takes a while for the problem to occur on 2 trips that qualify as an actual trip - driving x miles, after y hours cold soak, reaching proper operating temperature, engine RPM over z, etc.

I agree, a few probably won't matter much. A side effect of Toyota's very consistent assembly methods means that there are very few "one of a kind" problems. In other words, when the design or assembly or manufacturing method is good, then almost no cars will have a problem, but if there is a problem with the design or assembly/manufacturing method, then almost every vehicle will have the same problem.

Reply to
Ray O

Sorry. I thought Ottawa was an internal organ that had busted ... It's a place?

Seriously though, you guys got a new Prime Minister -- or whatever his post is -- recently. How's he gonna work out? Better than Martin (?)?. (that's confusing, I asked a question, and used a name that I'm not sure is correct. sorry)

Reply to
Jeff Strickland