"ENVIRONUST"

And then of course, in true conservative fashion, ignore all other studies that may conflict with the party line.

Reply to
ToMh

They work for free? How do they support themselves?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

President Bush is now saying that global warming warming is caused by man and is urging different nations to come together to come with a plan.

About whose party line are you talking?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You are referring to the Bush hating lefty kooks, right? I never heard them as being called conservative lefty kooks, however LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Food Stamps?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I President uses the word 'contributing,' not 'causing.' Only the "ENVIRONUTS" profess to believe man is the 'cause.' ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, this is a very important question that you need to research and respond to. Otherwise, you cannot say "if you want the truth".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ToMh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

The answers are in those articles I reference below. Go look them up.

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Sorry, not one major scientifc organization is mentioned, only individual scientists. Interesting reading though.

Reply to
ToMh

Are you really that slow, or just looking to be heard? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You made a general statement about paleoclimatologists, who work at numerous types of institutions. Who pays these scientists? If you can't answer a question you created unwillingly, then your entire premise must be void.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ToMh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

An "organization" is a political entity without existence outside of the individuals that make them up.

It is silly to suggest that ideas are valid only when promoted by individuals in charge of an organization.

It is equally silly to suggest that ideas are unsound which are not associated with an organization.

Established science these days would not exist at all had it not been for those determined individuals who refused to toe the orthodox party line.

Everything from modern astronomy to microbial diseases originated with renegade individuals who discovered flaws in the prevailing orthodoxy, and who refused to knuckle under to the orthodoxy, sometimes even under threat of death. All those radical theories are now themselves the accepted orthodoxy.

I don't believe you even looked up any of those articles. There are over two dozen of them.

Reply to
Tegger

Get real, I did not make any "statement," about paleoclimatologists. What I said was search their sites, where they report on long term research, to see what they are saying about hurricanes "There is one such report in the Tribune Newspapers today regarding the current misinformation on the frequency of hurricane, that is very enlightening" Search the sites then get back to us LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That's a very poor analogy.

Since you want to compare global warming to murder, let's put it this way.

Let's stop people who are assaulting others, because everyone (who is rational anyway) agrees that assault is a bad thing - and to expound on JoeSpareBedroom's point, you may prevent a murder.

Got it?

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

I'm happy, are you? When I don't see "brown clouds" over cities - even small cities - then we can stop worrying about air pollution.

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

That's certainly arguable.

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

Wow - I agree with Eeyore.

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

You made the statements. You search "their" sites, and find out who pays them.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Fred G. Mackey" wrote in news:yJ6dnXgKsd6HXvXbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I am comparing the ACCUSATIONs of murder and of man-made global warming. Things that have scant to non-existent evidence for them.

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

That makes zero sense, like most of your arguments.

Never said that, just pointing out that the majority of scientists believe.

Again, never said that.

That's true, but has nothing to do with the fact that the majority of scientists, based on the evidence given, believe that man plays a significent role in global warming.

Sure, but pointless to the argument.

No I didn't read them all, so if there was a majore scientific organiztion that has changed their stance on global warmng, please point it out.

Reply to
ToMh