Had to crank twice in winter, but once in summer

My 2000 Camry CE has 52000 miles now. Three to five times last winter when the temperature was around the freezing point, I had to crank my car twice to get it started. But it starts all fine nowadays. No delay or anything. Should I do anything as pretty soon the winter will be here again?

Reply to
Don

Could just be the way the ECU is set up - its harder to get fuel to vapourise/ignite when its cold - pumping it up and down when cranking warms it up nicely. How long are your cranking sessions when it needs

2? Also remember your battery will produce less voltage/current when it is cold and the process of cranking often warms the battery to the point where it works more efficiently, giving a better spark... Wouldnt expect problems on a 2000 car though TBH. J
Reply to
Coyoteboy