Hilton ready to face consequences

Now if Bush could show the same maturity--A visit from eleven Republican members of Congress today may be a step in reality therapy for the "Commander Guy"

Reply to
tak

tak

Yeah, I had to give her credit for that. Maybe there's hope for her after all.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Huh - what do you know... good; have to say I'm impressed.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Bush is showing maturity. He's trying to finish something he started in Iraq and not leave it for the next President, especially a Democrat President. It's a good thing he's not a "pass the buck" kind of guy, much like his predecessor. Taking responsibility and trying to correct things is the sign of maturity most left wingers haven't grasped yet.

Reply to
badgolferman

Its easy to accept responsibility when your publicist and lawyer tell you there is no way out of it. Its also a smart business move not to be disgruntled about it. maybe to repair any damage she will just submit herself to rehab afterwards.

Reply to
Go Mavs

your idea of maturity is cutting and running.. of course, thats everything thats wrong with Americans...

Reply to
Go Mavs

"Go Mavs"

That's why I said "maybe" - I knew it was a strategic move.

For her sake, I hope she learns from this.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I think the important thing is making zero tolerance laws for dui's ...

Reply to
Go Mavs

"Go Mavs" ...

That judge got applauded at his church the following Sunday.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

The thing you seem to ignore is that when its all said and done, George hasn't gotten it done. Cracks are showing in his support within his own party. If the surge doesn't start showing some signs of success, he may just be facing a veto override by fall. Good luck.

Reply to
tak

That's like praising your child in college for being potty trained. I guess if you lower the bar far enough for the guy you'll find something.

Reply to
Truckdude

Your opinions aren't justified by logic or facts.

If GW Bush really was showing maturity, he'd either do enough to win the war or would start a gradual withdrawl, but he's doing neither.

GW Bush said that the Iraq war would have to be handled by future presidents (notice the plural), and from what he's done so far, that seems to be true.

As for not passing the buck, GW Bush certainly is that kind of guy, as shown by his handling of the Iraqi war and the federal deficits he's run up through wreckless spending and tax cuts for the top 1%.

No, GW Bush is still a child in a man's body and will never become an adult. He's shown no leadership, only a need to prove that he's better than his father by defying him.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Bush is showing maturity? At age 60, showing the sort of maturity he should have had at age 20? He's not trying to finish anything, and he never has finished anything, since his earlier attempts at business that always failed (but he always came out smelling like a rose.)

You say "Taking responsibility and trying to correct

What has Bush, in his intransigence, tried to correct? The Democrats ('the left wingers' as you say) have finally been able to hold Bush's feet to the fire, and I for one hope they keep sending him money bills with the proviso that the war be wound down, and our withdrawal from Iraq comes sooner rather than later. Bush, at this point, starts sounding like Nixon, who said he had a secret plan to end the war, only to get himself re-elected. His 'secret plan' was all bullfeathers and hogwash, and Bush's 'surge' is another ill-conceived little plan that will go nowhere. It's time to wind things up in Iraq - The Iraqis have had four years to get their shit together, to be trained to manage their own security, to take control of their own country and their own destiny, so now their parliament wants to take a two-month vacation (!) while we do the sweating and the dying for them? I note with no happiness that the average age of the troops dying in Iraq is in the low 20s, meaning that our military has been able to train these superb fighters in a year or less, yet after four years the Iraqi military and police have still not been sufficiently trained ? Give me a break.

Reply to
mack

I only wish... If the guy showed maturity, he would assess & reassess conditions, & then have the guts to change strategies as the conditions changed/warranted. He's done this only under duress (as in: elections' results), & only in minor ways.

He's trying to finish something he started

Then why on earth did he say that he knew the war in Iraq would be left over for the next president to deal with?; he said that a long time ago.

Ha!

Cathy

like his predecessor. Taking responsibility and trying to correct

Reply to
Cathy F.

The ONLY reason you dims are in charge (well sorta) is because you (for once) were smart enough to run Conservative candidates.

It was NOT a landslide to the dim side....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Now just keep repeating that to yourself and you will be just fine. lol!

Reply to
Truckdude

Go look at the list......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I agree, President Bush should cut and run from Iraq as the Dimocrats want. When we get hit again by the radical Islamic terrorists, like those planning to hit Fort Dix, or a city with one of Irans nukes, history will vindicate him for all time. My only hope is the radical Islamic terrorists hit a city in a blue state and get a few of the kooks that are invading the NGs with their idiotic nonsense ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter