I Beat both Mercedes "MINI Range" and "Toyota Prius"

On city/highway driving, my Infiniti G20T now reached 65mpg - 73mpg. No battery required, and no stingy driving required. That's right, I will let you put my car to test (if you belong to a media company), by driving from WA State to CA with 1 tank of fuel, 14-15 gallons. My Mercedes E320 also reached 51mpg mark, I could improve it a little bit better if I have the time. I'm thinking to write a book on how to increase the MPG, My question to you is, would you think people will buy my book at $99 The problem is, not every one has the same skill in terms of car mechanic and computer program, the lack of their understanding could make my book looks like a scam.

Thanks for your input.

Cam

20 years ElectroMechanic engineer. Why buy expensive hybrid when you can have luxury, safety, force and efficiency at the same time?

Here is Info about Mercedes MINI Range,

72.4 miles per imperial gallon translates to 60.28 miles per US gallon- and this is for the average figure of combined city/highway driving

Reply to
Cam

Do I asume that neither Mercedes and Toyota (Lexus) aren't interested? I wonder why:-). Perhaps snake oil comes to mind.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Perhaps poor engrish grammar make your book looks like a scam. Seriously, if you want to make money, make it on service, not the book. Offer to do this for people (modify their cars), not sell a book for an exorbitant cost. $99 for a book is scam no matter what the subject is. If you want people to buy it at that price make it a college textbook, thats the only way I would pay that much money for a book.

Reply to
DougS

DougS wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Ah, so. Engrish.

Bery, bery funny! You raugh so hard you cly.

Reply to
Tegger

Use the power of the internet. First, create a short ad in youtube to show off your car. After that, people can comment if its a scam or not.

Reply to
EdV

Yup berry phunny Tigger, in any cases thanks for your input, you would think I'm stupid enough to write the book on my own? hummm.. it's a typical American's attitude, I guess.

Reply to
Cam

Thanks Ed, I thought about that idea too but how can you prove to people that your video is not a scam? It can be manipulated like photos. You can't video all the way to 800-900 miles of driving, you have to stop and start the video, this is where people will have doubt.

I thought about having someone put a security tape on my gas cap to guarantee that I will not refuel. This security tape must come from someone I do not know. What do you think about this idea?

Cam

Reply to
Cam

"Cam" wrote in news:ffmutu$fgk$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

I didn't write that comment. DougS did.

And I'm not from the USA. :)

Reply to
Tegger

Well, here are some suggestions:

  1. There are mpg measuring instruments that you plug into a cars ODB connector.
  2. Can you hook up your device in some standalone electric generator? Pour half a gallon, or lower, of gas and run the engine and measure the time before it dies out. Compare it with the engine having no device installed.
  3. Briefly explain the theory of your product.
  4. Get a DMV inspection before and after, and show the results
  5. The security seal on the tank is a great idea. Have some reputable third party involvement like AAA. AAA WA will seal the tank and AAA CA will verify
  6. Team up with bus companies where the driver / passenger will verify the seal and mileage of your car from start to finish.
  7. Get a service from Infiniti or Mercedes Benz and talk to the service manager and tell us what they think about your car.

Hope you like these suggestions and good luck!

Reply to
EdV

I didn't know Mercedes had bought MINI off BMW...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

You're right, sorry about that.

Cam

Reply to
Cam

Thanks for your suggestion, I like your idea for the most part, except that this theory isn't just a single device, it is the integration of new technology and the improvement of the old technology. It won't be easy to undo the work, because it took me 3 days to integrate and test them together, so it will take equal time to undo and redo to use your method of measurement. I used the Fuel meter and known distance to measure the performance along with my calculator. It's a simple math any one can understand, because Distance, MPG and hours to drive are all related, plus you know your Tank capacity. On the Mercedes, there is a built-in Computer that tells you the MPG which is nice.

Reply to
Cam

DMV and Manufacturer's comment is important. These are always in the FAQ's,

  1. Will it void my car's warranty?
  2. Is this damage my vehicle?
  3. Will my car pass inspection?
Reply to
EdV

I live in S.W. Washington. I'd be willing to work with you.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

First you need to submit your vehicle to a well respected test agency, to obtain an independent realistic report from their standard test circuit. Consumer Reports?

Your last comments above have created doubt in my mind. Sounds a bit like the French air car, which hasn't burned up the roads.

Reply to
Josh S

I do not think DMV will not endorse any one's invention.

Car Manufacturers will always want no one to tamper with their design even though they have lots of errors in their own design. For instance, when I first bought my infiniti, I smell motor oil every time I went to have an oil change, it's typical for Japanese cars and for American car. Do you know why? they didn't seal the engine comparment very well, so I went ahead and seal it (to block some oil spill by the technician), so does it mean I break their warranty? Very likely the car maker will say Yes, but I don't care since I am doing the right thing. German cars are well made, you won't smell the oil at all. In any cases, I have NEVER benefit anything from the car's warranty. Warranty = Guarantee with condition, if your car is new then they will give you a prompt attention.

Definitely NO, if it had the ability to damage the car then I would have been dead long time ago. I put my cars to test on the high-way (up to

100mph) for over a year now, I got speedy tickets while testing, I drove what I invented. So do you think I want to die? I worked in Engineering field for over 20 years, everything I do has to be safe and well computed. The answer is No It will not damage your vehicle, it will extend the life of your car, because your car will work less hard.

Of course your car will pass the inspection. In fact I already went through DMV inspection once, it passed without any problem. There is no smoke whatsoever from the exhaust pipe.

Reply to
Cam

It's your own imagination. Do not let your faulty imagination drive you nuts. I agree, I do not like the French cars, however their math is much more easier to handle the complexity. I am not French but I went to French schools when I was little. My English is not perfect, because I was not born with it. If you judge people by their tongues, then you are looking at their tongues rather than their brains.

Reply to
Cam

I really can't understand how you guys can give this claim any credibility. Simply think it through. Without modifying the basic engine and by simply modifying timing and the fuel injection characteristics a very substantial invcrease in fuel consumption can be achieved. If significant improvement in fuel consumption can so easily be achieved why are manufacturers spending substantail money on trying to improve fuel consumption by designing ever more economical vehicles, hybrids, fuel cells and the like? The manufacturers' engineers must be truly incompetent!

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

You have never seen the oil on my BMW E34 =) Anyway, warranty is important as long as the car doesn't breakdown because of the add on modification.

What's holding you back, for $99 but 50% inc in MPG people will buy them. Some still use acetone in their fuel. Tornados and other devices are still popular even if EPA test reveal no savings.

Just make sure you offer a 30 day money back guarantee and it will not be busted by discovery channels mythbusters =) If the principle behind the method will stand the criticisms here in this news group then for sure you already have an idea on what the actual market will say.

By the way, when you buy the book it comes with the device?

Reply to
EdV

You know, that's the problem, they are not.

They are the best that money can buy.

So, if the choice is either you are right and they are wrong, or you are wrong and they are right, well, I will go with the latter.

Extreme claims require extreme proof.

j.

Reply to
cognite tute