mercedies C240

I have got a C class mercedies with a 2.5liter deisel engine automatic. it drives fine when crusing but it will not drive more than 50 miles/hour. and that includes puting your foot right down to the floor. I have change the fuel filter and check the fuel line, But when the vehicle is not on load the rev went up to 4000rev/min whitout cut off. could it be the gearbox if it is what can i do please help

Reply to
hassan25

You may have better luck in a Mercedes group than in a Toyota group, but I'll give it a shot.

When you put your foot to the floor, does the engine speed change at all? Does engine speed change without a corresponding change in vehicle speed? If so, then the gearbox is suspect or the linkage between the throttle and gearbox is misadjusted.

Are you getting clouds of black smoke from the exhaust? Are you getting clouds of white smoke from the exhaust? If the answer is yes to either of these, injector timing is probably incorrect.

As far as an unloaded engine revving to 4,000 RPM without cutoff, I guess the answer lies in the cutoff RPM for that particular engine.

Reply to
Ray O