Automatic gearbox problem

I have a 1996 Pajero 2.5 Turbo Diesel MMC with an automatic gearbox. The problem with the gearbox is this. When I am driving at 120km/ hour, 3000refs for ex. and I lift my foot from the accelerator the refs drop to 1000refs as if the car is in neutral. When I accelerate again the refs has to climb to its previous position ie 3000 before the clutch is engaged again. I do not have this problem when I manually put the car into Low, or 2'nd Gear position

Reply to
pvrooyen