{OT} Almost as good as the first Gulf War...

When I woke up Sat morning after the initial raid on Baghdad 15 years ago, I blearily turned the tube on to CNN. Just in time to see a reporter and his cameraman looking out various windows of the hotel they were in, and taping things like a Sattelite dish "This is about 2 miles west of our hotel room in the Baghdad Marriot in central Baghdad", a radio antenna, "This is about 3 miles east of our hotel room", and a building with a lot of stuff on top of it, "This is about 5 blocks from our hotel room, to the northwest."

Now I was working nights then, for a Defense contractor, so we had a little overtime that night; I got hom about 3 AM and this report was on CNN at about 8 AM. So it took a few minutes...

Never had to wonder why the Defense Ministry in Baghdad wanted to screen further reports before going out, though!

Last night, NBC, some reporter in some town a little bit over the Lebanese border:

"All the Lebanese and civilians have left the city; the only remaining residents don't want to be photographed, since they are all Hezbollah geurillas..."

I tell you, if I were Israel....

Boom!, Boom, see...BOOM!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Boom, chugalugaluga Boom, chugalugaluga.

That a fact, Jack!

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

I didn't catch much news yesterday. DID Israel level a Lebanese town close to the border?

Reply to
Hachiroku