OT Calif. considers bill requiring pets be sterilized

Jeezus, this is scary. What next, people?

California lawmakers are out of control. Problem is many states look to them for guidance which in itself is scary to boot.

Reply to
dbu,.

Don't most responsible pet owners spay & neuter their pets anyway?

What I don't understand is this statement: "It's a horrific bill," said Maureen Hill-Hauch, executive director of Castleton, New York-based American Dog Owners Association, adding that enforcement of the bill in theory could wipe out California's dog population."

Considering how over-crowded shelters are (irresponsible pet ownership, anyone??), and how many thousands of dogs & cats are euthanized each year as a result, how would the dog population of CA (or any other state) be wiped out any time soon? Esp. considering that (quote) "Breeders, as well as owners of guide dogs, could obtain exemptions."

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yes they do. So why does the state government have to pass a law?

Reply to
dbu,.

Because, the key word is "responsible". Unfortunately, there are a *lot* of idiots out there who are irresponsible. If there weren't, then there wouldn't be the huge pet overpopulation problem, which partially leads to the overcrowded shelters & euthanisation problem... (other factors in play too, of course - but mostly still due to idiots who are irresponsible in one way or another when it comes to their pets)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Agreed about the idiots. Still seems rather draconian. I am surprised being it's mostly democrats passing it. I thought they were the party of individuals. Seems a parody in light of all the complaints by the democrats about the patriot act. I wonder what's next....if they get away with this then what is next? Human restrictions as per China?

Reply to
dbu,.

These are the same idiots that want to put you in jail for cleaning the brush and undergrowth on your property (habitat and aesthetics) and squall like a cat with its tail caught in the door when their houses burn!

Reply to
Mr.E

I don't even begin to see the link re: this bill & then a leap to humans.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, Cathy F. sprach forth the following:

So in other words the point of the law is "divide and conquer" by inventing another idiotic "group right" and then distracting us from the real enemy (i.e. anyone in government) by inciting infighting amongst the groups.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

That's the problem, people dont see these little drifts. It's like a chip, chip away and before you know it....Get the picture I hope. Even the people making these laws don't see what they are doing in the long term.

Reply to
dbu,.

I understand the link you're making, but I don't think this is a "little (or any size) drift". I can't see how this - if passed - would chip away at human reproductive rights. Whole different kettle of fish.

Cathy

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Considering how overcrowded cities like Los Angeles and New York are and how many thousands of babies are killed by abortionists each year maybe we should start sterilizing people so they won't have to pump out unwanted babies either.

It is very easy to make the leap from population control of animals to people. It's already been done in China. With the horde of illegal immigrants flowing into this country we will be faced with the same decision not too long from now.

Reply to
badgolferman

Next, dbu's going to say that laws against DWI are intrusive, and obviously forced upon us by left wingers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom