(OT) The suprise here is that I am suprised that THEY are suprised...

This is a story about the piles upon piles of gold coins that do not circulate. They seem suprised that the public does not embrace them, but my question is, "What rocket scientist thought that anybody would want to carry around several ounces of metal in his pocket when there is an alternative, ie; paper.?"

The idiots in government never cease to amaze me with the stupid shit they do, and the totally unintended consequences that arise from it. I get that dollar coins can last 20 years or more, and a paper dollar is lucky to pass

5 years, some don't last 1 year. But when the public has an option of a heavy coin or a weighless piece of paper, what do you think they are gonna take? Can I get a "DUH!"?

I'm not sure which is better, piles of coins sitting in a warehouse, or tons of them in a jar at homes all across this great land. Either way, they do not circulate, but one way they don't have to collect storage fees. If I had a dollar coin in my pocket, I'd drop it into my coin bottle and carry Fives in my pocket.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland