OT: Too many rules to remember

"SINGAPORE (AP) - Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Sunday cautioned Turkey against sending troops into northern Iraq, as it has threatened, to hunt down Kurdish rebels it accuses of carrying out terrorist raids inside Turkey. "We hope there would not be a unilateral military action across the border into Iraq," Gates told a news conference after meetings here with Asian government officials. Turkey and Iraq were not represented."

I hope Gates understands the absurdity of that statement. He doesn't think unilateral military action is such a hot idea.

Let's see what other gems we have here:

"Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Saturday urged Turkey not to stage a new incursion, saying his government will not allow the relatively peaceful area of northern Iraq to be turned into a battleground."

His government? I wonder which of his slimy "security forces" he'll use to stop an incursion.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom