Re: ( OT ) Ne new Commerce Secretary

Two down for the top job over at the Commerce department. First

> Richardson, now Gregg. > > Richardson pulled out of the job because he's being investigated by the > Feds. Gregg came out and said he flat out disagrees with The Prez on too > many of the political fundamentals. > > Obama is off to a very rocky start.

Early days/hours at this point, but... So far, sounds like Gregg expressed lots of interest in the job, was subsequently tapped, but then pulled out. He didn't know a short time ago - when expressing so much interest - what his views are vs. what Obama's are?? Oh\nly dawned on him after being chosen??

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ummmmm, wasn't the census issue, which you failed to mention, a part of it as well that was flung out "after" consideration of his post? I take it his principles in the entire thing is meaningless as well?

Please tell me why you apparantly feel that "now" he is some sort of bad person by your last sentence? More spin & us against them mentality maybe?

Reply to
ByTor

The differences came to light during the bailout debate in Congress. Obama is apparently willing to let Pelosi and Reid load the package with pork, even though Obama gave strong indications during the campaign that things were going to change in Washington.

They other big shocker was the announcement that the responsibility for the US Census would be moved out of the Commerce Department and would report directly to the White House. That was a clear slap in the face to Gregg and an indication that the nomination was a sham.

These are the two reasons that Gregg himself gave for withdrawing his nomination, and they make perfect sense to me.

Reply to
Mark A

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, YES WE CAN!!! YES WE CAN!!! YES WE CAN!!!

What a bunch of horse shit.

Reply to
dbu'

I believe his fiscal conservative principles also came into play when he seen the route the stimulis was taking. I really wish he would have just come out & said how he felt bottom line..........But I still gotta respect the guy no matter what explano he gave........;0)

Reply to
ByTor